The Kiddie Academy difference.
We realize that there are many childcare and daycare options available. Only Kiddie Academy provides the kind of care that focuses on days filled with learning and fun, the key ingredients of our Life Essentials® curriculum. We are also a nationally networked franchise, which ensures strict standards and a consistent experience for your child.
Why standards-based learning is important.
Kiddie Academy’s proprietary Life Essentials curriculum focuses on social and emotional character education, and physical and cognitive outcomes which are aligned with state preschool learning standards. These standards are based on skills, knowledge and abilities that children achieve through developmentally appropriate activities and experiences.
The Life Essentials curriculum meets or exceeds the requirements of each state.
Every experience is an opportunity to learn. Life Essentials® is an overarching philosophy that includes our programs and techniques. From family style dining to character education, our developmentally appropriate curriculum gives your child a full day of learning no matter what he or she is doing. Some of the best learning happens without your child knowing it.
Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum
The difference of six months between adults may not seem significant, but in childhood development that can be the equivalent of a lifetime. Our standards-based curriculum is designed to suit each stage of child development, from infancy to preschool, and up to the age of 12.
Health & Fitness
Learning and encouraging health and fitness at a young age is a gift that lasts a lifetime. Good physical health is a critical component of brain development. We provide nutritious meals and ample playground time for physical activities.
It’s never too early for kids to learn the values that will help them to develop into good citizens, which is why character education is part of our Life Essentials curriculum. Life Essentials is the key to turning moments of interaction into moments of learning. From the playground to the classroom, we take advantage of every opportunity for children to learn values such as:
- Manners, and more.
We take advantage of the latest learning software and technology to make learning engaging and fun. Not only do children learn age-appropriate basic developmental skills, they learn computer literacy—a skill as essential as reading and writing.Download Life Essentials PDF
There’s a reason parents choose us. Well… actually several reasons:
Our core philosophy that empowers children to make great choices by giving them the opportunity.
We encourage children to explore and progress at their own pace, in their own style. When your child learns and plays in this manner, he or she is empowered to learn and grow socially, physically, emotionally and intellectually. This is the beauty of including character education as part of our standards-based learning curriculum.
Highly trained, extremely attentive and enormously admired.
The continuous training we provide for our staff—always meets and often exceeds the standard for childcare services. We require staff to participate in ongoing professional development programs to ensure their mastery of our standards-based curriculum, character education and early childhood education skills.
Our Commitment to Safety
We never stop thinking about your child’s safety, so you don’t have to think twice about it.
From background checks for every employee to passcode secured entries and much more, your child’s safety is our number one priority.
Find Academies Near Me
Choosing Child CareDownload Checklist PDF
We make choosing the best environment for your child an easy choice.
We realize the tremendous level of trust you place in a childcare provider. You want your child to thrive in an environment that’s as safe and nurturing as your home. Kiddie Academy sets the standards for safety, education and trust.
Still Undecided on Your Childcare Options?
Put our more than 35 years of experience to work with our Choosing Child Care Checklist. We have included all of the criteria, considerations and even concerns you may have about selecting a child care facility to help you determine if a particular program or location is right for your family.
At Kiddie Academy, we have given all of these aspects of child care a great deal of thought. The development of our Life Essentials curriculum, character education standards and security measures were all influenced by a parents perspective.
- While on the playground are the teachers and staff interacting with children?
- Does the center encourage use of outside area for learning activities as well as free play?
- Is the schedule of daily activities posted and current?
- Are children allowed to make choices throughout the day?
- Do children seem occupied and engaged by their activities?
- Are the teachers handling conflict among the children in a positive manner?
- Is there a music program as part of the curriculum at no cost to parents?
Classrooms & Programming
- Are there learning centers in the classrooms that allow for different types of play such as; art, library, blocks, dramatic play, science, technology, etc.?
- Is the children’s work displayed at their eye level?
- Is there a curriculum being used?
- Is the children’s work creative and individualized as opposed to all looking the same?
Equipment and Supplies
- Is the center secure?
- Is the outdoor play equipment sturdy and in good condition?
- Is there adequate shade available outside where the children play?
- Is there a variety of developmentally-appropriate toys and materials?
- Are there enough books, toys, games and materials so that children don’t have to wait to use them?
- Are there separate outdoor areas for infants/toddlers that include a variety of equipment?
- Is parent feedback sought and used in making program improvements?
- Is there a daily method of communication between the teachers and parents?
- Does the center encourage parents to drop in and visit at any time?
- Do the hours of operation and holiday schedule accommodate your work schedule?
- Are conferences held with parents?
Health, Safety & Cleanliness
- Does the facility appear to be orderly and clean, void of clutter?
- Are all teachers and staff trained in and following safe sleep?
- Does the cost of care include nutritious meals and snacks? Are menus posted?
- Does the program encourage physical play and activities to help children maintain a healthy body?
- Do teachers follow hand washing procedures after diapering/toileting?
- Are toxic substances, such as cleaning supplies, kept away from children?
- Do staff members seem to relate well to children, families and each other?
- Does the center have low staff turnover?
- Does staff appear lively, smiling and interacting in a positive manner with children?
- Do staff members have Degrees in Child Development/Education?
- Is there an opportunity for ongoing professional development?