Effective Date: December 31, 2019
Kiddie Academy® Online Security
Physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been employed to safeguard the security and integrity of personal information. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk.
Personal Information that Kiddie Academy May Collect Online
Kiddie Academy collects personal information submitted by you through the online academy inquiry form, preliminary questionnaire, subscribing to parenting essentials newsletter forms, and other submission methods. This may include information such as name, date of birth, gender, e-mail, address, telephone number, or financial information. You may opt-out of any future communication by email, phone or otherwise if you wish.
We collect information from and about users of our website, including information that is about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website, and usage details.
How Kiddie Academy Uses Personal Information Collected
Unless you otherwise direct us, we will use personal information you provide only to fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided such as subscription to our newsletter, replying to your emails, responding to your complaints and processing inquiries about franchise sales and development. Our research may lead to the publication of aggregate demographical data but will not result, with the exception of the examples listed below, in the reporting or publication of any personal information provided to us.
How Your Information May Be Shared
In order to process a complaint or inquiry, the information will be forwarded to the appropriate corporate department or franchised academy for review and resolution. If you direct us to share your information with Franchisees, that information will be subject to franchisee privacy practices which may be different from ours. We never sell or rent your personal information. We may share your information with our trusted service providers to allow us to provide our services and to communicate with you. Such third parties have access to personal information as needed to perform their functions, but they are not allowed to use it for other purposes. We use contractual or other means to protect your personal information disclosed to such third parties.
Kiddie Academy may also disclose personal information under the following circumstances:
- To appropriate governmental authorities if disclosure is required by law (for example, a subpoena) or regulation or is requested by a government agency;
- To appropriate governmental authorities if our records indicate an individual may be engaged in fraudulent activity or other deceptive practices that a governmental agency should be made aware of;
- To appropriate governmental authorities, where warranted by a company’s failure to participate in the advertising self-regulatory process or respond to an online privacy complaint, or where a company fails to honor the recommendations of the National Advertising Division, Children’s Advertising Review Unit or National Advertising Review Board; and
- To appropriate persons, where your communication suggests possible harm to others.
Computer Tracking, Cookies and Web Beacons
Our website is not set up to track, collect or distribute personal information not entered by visitors. Our site logs do generate certain kinds of non-identifying site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our sites. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff to provide better services to the public and may also be provided to others, but, the statistics retained contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Kiddie Academy uses non-identifying cookies to provide easier site navigation and access to forms. You can still use Kiddie Academy’s site if your browser is set to reject cookies, although some features may not work.
Our website contains web beacons which may collect non-identifying information. A web beacon, also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is typically a one-pixel, transparent image located on a webpage which is generally used to transmit information back to a web server.
Kiddie Academy uses Google Analytics to gather statistics for all of its web pages. The information gathered is used to improve web services. Google Analytics uses a browser cookie for statistical analysis related to your browsing behavior on these websites. If you choose, you can opt out by turning off cookies in the preferences settings in your browser, or download and install Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. For more information on Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/.
To control the use of personal data for advertising purposes on LinkedIn, please visit your LinkedIn settings page.
To opt-out of online behavioral advertising by Pinterest, please visit your Pinterest personalization settings.
To opt-out of the collection and use of information for ads generally, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices
Third Party Links and Use
You may find links to third party websites on our Site. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party; this includes third parties to whom we are permitted to disclose your personal data in accordance with this policy or any applicable laws. The collection and use of your information by these third parties may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
We never intentionally collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information on the Website. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 16, please contact us at the email address below.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information about individuals residing in the European Union. If you believe we have collected or processed personal information about any individuals residing in the European Union, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Resident Privacy Notice
The below categories of information may have been collected in the past 12 months.
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||YES|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||NO|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||YES|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|J. Non-public education information||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO|
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
B. Personal information categories
D. Commercial information.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our franchisees when directed by you.
- Service providers.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
You are not required to supply any of this personal information. However, your failure to do so may result in our being unable to provide a requested service.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information.
If you are a California resident you have right to make personal information requests. You may only make a personal information request twice in a 12-month period. We will need to collect information from you so that we can verify your identity, and we will respond within 45 days of receiving your personal information request.
If you are a California resident you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, and if so, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
If you are a California resident you have the right to request that we delete any of the personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) the personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by sending us a message using the contact information below.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 more days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding receipt of the verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format in which to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically by electronic mail communication.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Requests should be made by any of the below contact methods.
3415 Box Hill Corporate Center Drive
Abingdon, MD 21009