We’re Invested in Staying Healthy at School
March 11, 2020
Children under 6 years old have a high degree of close social contact, more than any other age group. And, our littlest learners use their hands and mouths to explore their world. We take prevention very seriously.
Our systems and daily practices combined have helped us reduce bacteria and viruses in our schools.
Prevention in our Daily Operations:
- We stress our hand washing frequently throughout the day using soap and water and scrubbing vigorously for at least 20 seconds.
- We offer frequent reminders for students, teachers, and staff to avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- We use a rigorous 3-step cleaning process (wash, rinse, disinfect) for toys and surfaces.
- Staff immediately removes and sanitizes mouthed toys with the 3-step process referenced above.
- We regularly launder soft items such as bedding, Boppy pillow covers, dress up items, puppets, etc.
- We place hand sanitizers in all common areas for family and staff use as they come and go from our academy.
Prevention in our Building:
- We have installed the airPHX Health Air Purification system in all of our academies. This state-of-the-art air purification system has technology that releases hydrogen-peroxide ions into our HVAC duct systems to clear and purify the air, eradicating pathogens at a cellular level. It is running 24 hours a day.
- Our commercial cleaning team is here 12 hours each night and performs a deep cleans for the entire building. When our teachers shut down each room each night, they will be doing extra disinfecting to common areas (door handles, phones, surfaces) that the cleaning company will also do behind them.
Prevention in our School Policies:
- We separate sick students and teachers from others until they can go home.
- Families with multiple children in the academy are asked to first visit the infant room before picking up the older sibling.
- We ask families to take home their child’s blankets/lovies and other cuddling items and wash them nightly.
- When a family has a sick child at home, our policy requires the child remain at home until they are symptom and fever free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever reducers.