What does it mean to be “Kindergarten ready”?
August 14, 2023
There is no one determining factor on whether your child is ready for kindergarten. Every child reaches developmental milestones at their own pace. However, there is a set of skills that will help your kindergartener be successful in school.
These skills don’t have to be mastered by the start of kindergarten; being comfortable with them will help your child be successful. Preschool programs like Kiddie Academy are designed to introduce and facilitate activities that develop the skills needed for kindergarten, and beyond.
Our Life Essentials® curriculum helps your child focus on these key skills:
- Writing: lowercase and uppercase letters Mathematics: identifying numbers, shapes, counting
- Literacy: identifying letters, sound recognition of letters, rhyming
- Building independence Developing fine motor skills
- Growing social skills through teamwork, turn-taking
- Reasoning and critical thinking skills
- Learning to follow multi-step directions and focus attention
- Character Values: respect, generosity, empathy
Sending your kiddo off to kindergarten is a wonderful time. It’s an important part of their journey through life. And it can be terrifying to let them go.
Our pre-K teachers and curriculum help ease the transition by ensuring they are prepared for their kindergarten debut.
Schedule a tour to find out how our program can help prepare your child for kindergarten.