Reopening in Oakbrook Terrace on May 11
April 24, 2020
While the state of Illinois remains under Executive Order No. 8, staying home and social distancing has been a critical path to flattening the curve and getting through these difficult times safely.
We’ve learned that there are many Essential Workers in our community in need of care for their children. Some have temporary arrangements coming to an end, changing circumstances, or may be looking for new quality care and education.
For this reason, we will open our Academy to serve Essential Workers starting on Monday, May 11th.
We’re Opening with a Modified Daily Process for Health & Safety
During this pandemic, providing child care services to essential workers will be done in a thoughtful and safe manner. Daily Academy operations will continue to adhere to our strict health practices along with additional modifications that comply with the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and Kiddie Academy.
- Children and staff will be checked for a fever upon entry into the school.
- We use a 3-step cleaning process (wash, rinse, disinfect) for toys and surfaces.
- We remove and sanitize mouthed toys immediately.
- We regularly launder soft items such as bedding, boppy pillows, dress up items, puppets, etc.
- We regularly sanitize high-touch surfaces in common areas, door handles, touch screens and switches.
- We will limit outside visitors and vendors to the Academy.
- The maximum group size will be 10 children in a classroom.
- Temporarily modified hours will be Monday – Friday 7:00AM to 6:00PM.
Child Care Reimbursement Eligibility
During the declared COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, children of prioritized Essential Workers are eligible to receive childcare reimbursement through the Illinois Department of Human Services Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP). Prioritized Essential Workers include those working in healthcare, human services, essential government services, and essential infrastructure.
Our team can help you determine if you qualify for the reimbursement program.
Reserve a Spot for Essential Worker Child Care
Please call or email our academy to reserve a spot.