Earth Day Activities For All Ages
April 20, 2020
Posted in: Family Activities
Protecting and preserving our Earth is a global initiative but it starts locally. This Earth Day, join fellow Kiddie Academy community members in celebrating our commitment by participating in these activities you can do at home with the whole family. These activities align with our Life Essentials® curriculum and support fun, ongoing learning at home.
Activities for infants-2 year-old
- Make an ocean or turtle “discovery bottle” to awaken your child’s senses. Use water, blue food coloring, mini ocean animal figures, and a glued-shut water bottle
- A salt dough handprint makes for a fun Earth Day keepsake and older children can even help with mixing.
- Use your child’s foot and handprints to make a hummingbird using non-toxic paints and construction paper. You can even add an inscription like a date or your child’s name.
Activities for 3 year-old and up
- Sprout creativity with this fun seed ball activity that uses recycled paper to create plant starters.
- Collect the cardboard tubes from paper towel and toilet paper rolls to create an elaborate marble run.
- An Earth Day scavenger hunt is a great way to get outside and experience nature.
- Craft your own bird feeder from a milk carton or jug.
These hands-on activities will get you and your child exploring fun and creative ways to celebrate Earth Day. For added fun and learning, check out our suggested reading list with lots of great stories highlighting the importance of Earth Day.
Earth Day Every Day by Lisa Bullard
It’s Earth Day! by Mercer Mayer
Recycling Day by Edward Miller
Earth Day- Hooray! by Stuart J. Murphy
The Earth Book by Todd Parr
Mrs. Fox’s Class Goes Green by Eileen Spinelli
Recycle Every Day! by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace
Big Earth, Little Me by Thom Wiley
Earth Day, Birthday! by Maureen Wright
The Great Paper Caper by Oliver Jeffers
Take photos or videos of your child working on Earth Day activities. Share them on your social media pages along with the hashtag, #KiddieAcademyEarthDay, or send them to your
Director and they could be posted on the Academy’s or corporate’s social feeds.
Looking for more news you can use?
We would love to send you our free monthly newsletter, Parenting Essentials! You’ll receive a newsletter by email, full of parenting advice, ideas and information, as well as articles about emerging trends in educational child care.
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter
The learning doesn't stop for parents, either. That’s why we created an information resource with helpful tips on everything from enriching our STEM program at home to introducing lifelong healthy eating and fitness habits.