Valentine’s Day Cards of Appreciation
While looking for children friendly Valentine’s Day crafts do not look over the staple – a tried and true Valentine’s Day card. However, instead of expressing love, create one with your child that expresses appreciation for different people in their life. This can be a teacher, friend, postal worker, or even a first responder.
Here is how you can make one at home…
- Markers / colored pencils / crayons
- Stickers and/or another decorative stationary
- Fold the paper in half to create a card.
- Think of someone you appreciate in your life and write them a message or draw them a picture on the inside of the card.
- Decorate the front (and back) of the card as well!
- Deliver the card to the person to let them know they are appreciated.
This is not only a great way to celebrate Valentine’s Day with kids. It is also a perfect activity to prepare for Random Acts of Kindness Day that falls on February 17th! For more ideas on how to celebrate kindness, check out our blog here.