Kiddie Academy Teams Up to Spread Kindness
Kiddie Academy locations nationwide teamed up to perform more than 4,500 good deeds to help celebrate National Random Acts of Kindness Day! To date, our students, families and staff have performed 4,871 acts of kindness!
Each year, the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation heads up the celebration of Random Acts of Kindness Week with the goal of making kindness the norm for the way we treat others. Random Acts of Kindness Day falls mid-week in the celebration schedule, encouraging participants to do a kind deed for someone, however small or large. As Director of Kiddie Academy of Robbinsville Bonnie Spinelli put it, “Character Education is an essential part of our philosophy and curriculum. That is why we love celebrating Random Acts of Kindness Week and bringing lessons to life.”
Kindness Across Our Academies
There were so many wonderful and creative displays of kindness coming from the Academies this year. Just a few examples include:
- Kiddie Academy of Robbinsville collected over 200 non-perishable food items for Black Lives Matter NJ, hosted a Leukemia & Lymphoma Society fundraiser, made homemade bookmarks for three local libraries, and made Valentines for senior residents at a local assisted living facility.
- Kiddie Academy of Langhorne hosted a diaper and wipe drive for Family Service and partnered with a local hospital to make cards for essential workers including doctors, nurses and aides.
- Kiddie Academy of Katy West students crafted self-care kits for nurses, doctors, teachers and first responders.
- Kiddie Academy of Alpharetta organized the collection of Valentines for Congresswoman McBath’s “Valentines for Vets” program.
- Kiddie Academy of Urbana crafted thank you cards for essential workers and critical members of their Academy community.
- Kiddie Academy of Ashburn made cards for a local senior housing facility.
- Kiddie Academy of Birmingham made cards for the fire department, hosted a sharing day, sang songs for grandparents, collected food items for a local food bank, and more!
- Kiddie Academy of Pearland-East “tackled hunger with kindness” by hosting a non-perishable food drive for a local charity.
- Kiddie Academy of Brookfield partnered with the Waukesha food pantry to host a donation drive.
- Kiddie Academy of West Cary made thank you cards for health care workers and hosted a food drive for a local soup kitchen.
- Kiddie Academy of Crown Point held a virtual concert with a local nursing home and sang songs to residents.
- Kiddie Academy of Grand Harbor visited a local assisted living community and sang songs and made cards for residents.
You can see many of the Academies’ acts of kindness on social media by searching #KiddieAcademyKindness.
In addition, we’re donating $1,000 to social service nonprofit Rise on behalf of Kiddie Academy of Robbinsville. That Academy was randomly selected to pick the nonprofit of their choice to receive this donation.
Our thanks go out to all Academies, their students, families and staffs, for taking part in this great effort!
Looking for more news you can use?
We would love to send you our free monthly newsletter, Parenting Essentials! You’ll receive a newsletter by email, full of parenting advice, ideas and information, as well as articles about emerging trends in educational child care.