Kids’ Party Ideas: Reading and Bookworm Party Themes
February 18, 2015
Posted in: Parenting Resources
What better way to encourage and support the little readers in your family than to host a reading-themed party? You can use your child’s favorite book, or an overall library book theme as a starting point. Here are a few ideas for kids’ party ideas with a literary theme. (See links below)
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a popular idea for book-themed parties, including elements such as a cupcake caterpillar featured on Kara’s Party Ideas
- Use a stack of your child’s favorite books to create a Bookworm Centerpiece inspired by J At Your Service
- For a fun party activity, create a station to Make Your Own Bookmark, inspired by Catch My Party:
- Loving What We Live blog features both a Library Book Invitation and Green Eggs and Ham inspired food ideas.
- The Tasteful Life shares an idea for “book worms” candy treat
Here are some additional Reading Party ideas:
- Provide blank canvas book bags the children can decorate and then use for trips to the library
- Host a book swap where each child brings a book to donate to a charity in exchange for a new book to read
- Host a Story Time party and invite each child to bring a favorite book to share with the group
- Create a reading nook for guests to enjoy during the party.
- Check with your local library to see if you can host the party in an activity room.
Another way to celebrate a child’s love of reading is to plan a photo shoot like this one by Harding Happenings.
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter
The learning doesn't stop for parents, either. That’s why we created an information resource with helpful tips on everything from enriching our STEM program at home to introducing lifelong healthy eating and fitness habits.