Kids’ Party Ideas: Reading and Bookworm Party Themes
What better way to encourage and support the little readers in your family than to host a reading-themed party? You can use your child’s favorite book, or an overall library book theme as a starting point. Here are a few ideas for kids’ party ideas with a literary theme. (See links below)
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a popular idea for book-themed parties, including elements such as a cupcake caterpillar featured on Kara’s Party Ideas
- Use a stack of your child’s favorite books to create a Bookworm Centerpiece inspired by J At Your Service
- For a fun party activity, create a station to Make Your Own Bookmark, inspired by Catch My Party:
- Loving What We Live blog features both a Library Book Invitation and Green Eggs and Ham inspired food ideas.
- The Tasteful Life shares an idea for “book worms” candy treat
Here are some additional Reading Party ideas:
- Provide blank canvas book bags the children can decorate and then use for trips to the library
- Host a book swap where each child brings a book to donate to a charity in exchange for a new book to read
- Host a Story Time party and invite each child to bring a favorite book to share with the group
- Create a reading nook for guests to enjoy during the party.
- Check with your local library to see if you can host the party in an activity room.
Another way to celebrate a child’s love of reading is to plan a photo shoot like this one by Harding Happenings.